Tuesday, April 13, 2010

War Journal

So I decided to write my poem for this week's class about my favorite comic book character, The Punisher. I decided to take the scene from Civil War where Captain America is beating down the Punisher for shooting two super criminals who offer their help to the resistance. The poem is his thoughts during the beating and I hope I captured his character well. Let me know what you think and enjoy!

War Journal

Blood gushing from face
As fist makes contact
Adds a new scar
Scars build character

Good, stay sunny
Should be over soon

Face meets foot
Then knee
Blood dances through air
To lyrics of
He's insane
An animal
A psychopath

Don't Understand
These thieves and murderers
Vermin of the Earth
Deserve nothing less
Than the Hell I send them to

They think I'm crazy
Waging this one man war
But the true pyschos
Stole everything from me

And where were they
When it happened?

Off playing hero
Saving the world
But what about
Saving people from themselves?

Right under their noses
The pain, the suffering
Do they truly save anyone?
No, they can't truly save anyone
To busy being high and mighty
Fighting to see who is better
While the rest of us drown

They let you drown

Drop to the floor
Blood seeps down into my soul

It's cold
Know your watching me
And I'm sorry

Maybe this is all
So I can get to you again

There is no other road for me now
No redemption in the end

Pray this is all
So I can get to you again

No comments:

Post a Comment