Friday, August 14, 2009

Poet Of The Week

Sorry this is a bit late, I've been a busy this week so I haven't been able to post as much. This weeks poet goes by the name of Gemineye and if you want to talk about someone who has flow, well Gemineye has it in spades. Hailing from a rough neighborhood in Mt Vernon New York, a lot of Gemineyes work has to do with overcoming struggle and using his poetic abilities to educate the masses. His poem "What Are you Fighting For" is addressed to all the gangs who are fighting for nothing and his poem "Poetic Bloodlines" address how he has to step up to educate the world through his poetry how so many other did before him. My favorite poem, which i have memorized, by Gemineye is "A Penny For Your Thoughts" which is of course you guessed it a love poem. Like I said Im a hopeless romantic, but it's one of the best love poems I have every heard. So here it is, Gemineye, I highly encourage you to take a look at his videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment